What can I expect at my first visit?
Your first visit to Denmark Family Dentistry establishes a vital foundation for our relationship with you. During the first visit you will see the dentist for a comprehensive initial exam. During this appointment, the dentist will discuss your health and dental history, along with any concerns you may have. This initial exam will take about an hour and is important so your dental team can identify any issues such as gum disease or cavities.
Dental x-rays will be taken during this appointment to assist the doctor with the clinical evaluation of your teeth and gums. Also, a complete oral cancer screening which includes an examination of your jaw, neck, tongue and inside of your mouth. Based on your exam your dentist will develop a personalized treatment plan and discuss options with you.
At your first visit you may not receive a cleaning. A cleaning may be completed after the doctor ensures it is the appropriate treatment for your specific oral health.
If the new patient is 17 years old or younger, our policy is that a parent or legal guardian must accompany the child to his or her first appointment.
At Denmark Family Dentistry, our goal is to provide high quality, one on one care to our patients. We dedicate ourselves to motivating and educating our patients to value the need for such personal care resulting in maximum comfort, function, appearance and health for each and every one of our patients. Make the Dentists at Denmark Family Dentistry your dental choice.
Please print and fill out these forms so we can expedite your first visit:
- New Patient Letter
- HIPAA Form
- Patient Information Form
- Medical History Form
- Notice of Privacy Practices
If unable to print these forms, please contact us and we are able to email them to you.
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click here to download it.
Checklist for your first appointment:
- Completed New Patient forms
- Dental insurance card and verify Denmark Family Dentistry is in network
- Medication list: include all prescriptions and vitamins
- If you have had a joint replacement, heart surgery, or heart valve replacement, please bring a letter from your orthopedic surgeon or cardiologist in regards to whether you need to take an antibiotic prior to coming to your dental appointments
- If you have current x-rays from your previous dentist, please have them emailed or mailed to us. Current x-rays include bitewings from the last 2 years and a panoramic or full mouth series from the last 5 years.